Page 1654 of 1654 FirstFirst ... 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654
Results 41,326 to 41,349 of 41349
    I'm in AZ for a bike race and saw snowbowl got 19", didn't even realize they're still open, would be a cool time to ski pow then go ride red dirt in sedona.

Here in Prescott it's cool weather and probably a the only bit of hero dirt they'll get for the spring/summer. haha

2" of moisture and counting, a proper soaker. Sucks eldora shuts their webcams down when they close, curious how much snow is up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Skiing both days a basin. Bummed to missed the corn harvest but got a beach spot for wifeys bday
    I'll be in a brick red/mustard puffy (black helmet/pants) and on teles (obv) though maybe not making tele turns (also obv). Hope to run into ya!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So, to make up for my missed camping trip, gonna try again in two weeks at Royal Gorge Park (the campground there). Anyone been? Trail recommendations? Should I split time with Oil Well Flats (which is ~30min away, I think)?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Really pretty great day today. But did this thing fizzle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove to Gypsum, now headed back. VP wasnt terrible, some drivers certainly were. FML. Red tags driving on wet roads.

Quote Originally Posted by ENDOOO View Post
    Really pretty great day today. But did this thing fizzle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kinda. Looks like the vast majority of the energy stayed east of the divide.

The west facing Beavers *looked* really good, but was closed most of the day.

It was decent but not great... it was thick and hard underneath.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I notice you didnt post that in the BOD thread. . TWSS

First Saturday I skied this year, not sure if I skied a Saturday last year. Drive was lame as predicted but definitely worth it. There was some base down there but by mid day bonded pretty well and almost went hero snow for me.

I didn't realize some were predicting a two day thing, that's what I meant storm ski vs visibility tomorrow. Chair 9 hadn't opened by 3ish it will be prime by tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I skied Weds and don't think I have the juice to get back out there. But slay some for me.

I thought Copper was great today and figured Abasin would be pretty busy. I mainly stayed high off lifts that go to the bottom. Once it stopped snowing things clumped up below 11k. Many lift rides were solo. Late April for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, to make up for my missed camping trip, gonna try again in two weeks at Royal Gorge Park (the campground there). Anyone been? Trail recommendations? Should I split time with Oil Well Flats (which is ~30min away, I think)?
    Ive camped there it's nice not sure if they do reservations it's a county or city park managed campground very nice trails out there door I'd spend 2 nights there hit oil well on the way out if town oil well roads can be amuced bag free camping in designated spots tad bit methy but not totally sketch

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    I thought Copper was great today and figured Abasin would be pretty busy. I mainly stayed high off lifts that go to the bottom. Once it stopped snowing things clumped up below 11k. Many lift rides were solo. Late April for the win.
    yeah copper was great yesterday. hiked union twice around noon, it was bottomless and I crossed maybe 1 or 2 tracks. if only copper bowl had been open

Fred is accurate on his camping description. The spots up Temple Canyon Rd looked to have some full time residents. I use Sand Flat campground for Oil Well flats. There is also campground at Red Canyon park never been. If you are pulling a trailer I would recommend looking at Oil Well Flats on google earth. The lot at the bottom of Move Over does not have a lot of parking. The main lot is small and could be hard to turn around in, But just up the entrance road is more parking and room. I have only been there a few times but have enjoyed everything I have rode. Oil Well Flats I think is a little more difficult riding than Royal Gorge Park. I have not rode the newer trail down to the river, Royal Cascade. The South Canon trails are fun also wider more modern build. I rode from the bottom but that lower hard times was more than I could ride and did some pushing. Not sure if I would ride down it either. I think most people start from the Temple Canyon Trailhead. Have not rode Dakota Ridge but locals with full face said tougher than lower hard times. My first look at Canon City was shitty prison town. Now that I have been there a few times I appreciate what it has to offer. I would like to ride Shelf Road to Cripple Creek. I even thought the prison museum was worth a visit. The town does share some big city problems.
    off your knees Louie

Looks like they have Kiewit working on the bridge. We have a bunch of contracts with them at work and they're great.
    https://www.kkco11news.com/2024/04/2...bridge-update/

Danno, definitely get that stuff handled. Winnebago totally screwed me on the warranty on mine. RV industry is full of those kinds of stories.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    2" of moisture and counting, a proper soaker. Sucks eldora shuts their webcams down when they close, curious how much snow is up there.
    I was at the arestua hut this weekend, we counted 18” for the whole storm, probably 8-10 by mid morning Saturday. Skied quite nice Saturday, a little more wind affected today but still good turns above lost lake.

Copper skied really nice today.

I spend the weekend at The Jane, Berthoud and Corona. I feel like spring hasn't really even started. I'll still full on winter out there.

Copper skied really nice today.
    Goddammit, Danno - we were at Copper today and you didn't ask for change.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Goddammit, Danno - we were at Copper today and you didn't ask for change.
    My GF's kid and DIL were with us, and they have 24-25 Ikon passes, we didn't realize that they didn't have access to Copper, but they managed to get up the super bee, so we spent the entire time on Excelerater. Though I did ditch them and did a couple of Spaulding Bowl laps.

My GF's kid and DIL were with us, and they have 24-25 Ikon passes, we didn't realize that they didn't have access to Copper, but they managed to get up the super bee, so we spent the entire time on Excelerater. Though I did ditch them and did a couple of Spaulding Bowl laps.
    I was with my wife - we did about 10 Hallelujah Bowl runs 'cause the snow in there was just outstanding.

Snow was pretty shit below about 10.5K.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Love how more resorts are staying open late these days. Copper closing is TBD, just like Mary Jane. Copper was real nice…it softened up fast but cloud cover (and a heavy snow shower) kept it perfect and silky all day.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 04-29-2024 at 07:28 PM.

Test… sorry

Anyone been around Monarch area and can say how Aetna is looking at the moment?