Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Why is LaGuardia so shitty? The old one seemed really old and run down to me and taking buses back and forth was a pain, I get that. The new one didn't seem to get rid of the problem of long walks - is that why you people mostly hate airports? What else is a requirement - big bathrooms with lots of stalls, plenty of eating choices that don't have lines, security lines that are not always long - basically you all don't want to wait for any reason or walk longer than 5 minutes?

What I like about it are the views flying are incredible as Ted mentioned, and it's a short taxi to manhattan. It's better than taking a train to JFK, or a taxi to JFK. I usually use JFk so I'm no LaGurdia expert.
    The views are great, for sure. And some of my feelings are no doubt PTSD from decades of prior travel. For ex, the last time I rented a car there I had to take two busses (took maybe 30 minute) to get to the car rental place and THEN waited 3 hours for a car. That shit will scar you! So it's probably not the worst airport anymore, but I still feel like it is.

It is WAY nicer now, with decent food options and cleaner and brighter/airier. So now my criticisms of the facility are related to the fact that they spent TONS of money and YEARS and still fucked up some shit. For ex, security still can have horrendous wait times (though I got PRE last year and haven't waited much since then) and horrendous lines (as in stretching way out into the main terminal area). Also, to get to the gates they force you to walk through the shopping area like you're in a 3rd world airport (but my GF likes that so go figure). And there's a super long hallway with a moving walkway that only goes ~1/3 the length of the hallway. Like, wtf? Lastly, any newly constructed terminal should have working plugs everywhere, and they still do not. Inexcusable.

Lastly, you mention the short taxi to Manhattan. I am always going into Manhattan. And hate that the only reasonable option is a $60-70 cab ride, so every trip to NYC costs me an additional $130 on top of the flight. I tried the MTA bus a couple of times, and it wasn't terrible (though it took twice as long), but it was a packed city bus and a really uncomfortable ride to the airport with luggage. The fact that a city as good with public transportation as NYC still hasn't figured out great public transport to LGA is just disgraceful.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

it’s not that bad to take the bus to the 7 in all honesty and i’d rather save the money.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

though i am not saying there shouldn’t be a subway spur. fuck the airtrain, so lame.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

First time flying through DEN in about twelve years and I remember why I hate it, hiking from one end of A to the other end of B truly sucks and the 3 minute train ride between seems like some kind of joke they're playing on travelers.
    We flew through DIA last night and had to walk from B67 to B7 (3/4mi?) with two 4 y/o with about 15min to make our plane. Super fun but we made it.

There are moving walkways at DEN... it it really that bad?

MCI used to be the easiest airport, unless you had to change planes.
    Last edited by summit; 04-24-2024 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    it’s not that bad to take the bus to the 7 in all honesty and i’d rather save the money.
    that makes 3 legs for me, not two. And isn't any faster. Though maybe that bus is better than the one I took to Spanish Harlem (then the 2/3 south).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The Q70 to 120th St. Station in NYC AF...if ya gonna go to the EC...go deep.

Sent from a 6 m/s face melting thermal

It would be great to have plenty of plugs, moving walkways and a train there, absolutely. I've been to Khatmandu and watched people push through doors, and a security guy was bitch slapping grown men as they tried to get by without waiting their turn, and slapping them HARD in the face, and it was complete chaos for other reasons too. I get the LGA is one of the worst airports in the US, but by no description would I ever call it "horrendous" or "garbage". That old bus system was garbage though!

I just travelled through there in February and expected a shitty experience going through there based on this thread, but I don't remember much annoying about it, oh well.

I just travelled through there in February and expected a shitty experience going through there based on this thread, but I don't remember much annoying about it, oh well.
    like I said, for me it is PTSD over it's prior awfulness, that's triggered by how they spent billions on fixing it up and still missed on some obvious things. But you are right, it is no longer the shithole it used to be.

The shitty touts are/were broadly a SEAsia airport experience, somewhat irrespective of the actual physical airport plant. The weirdest thing about KTM was exiting a 777 on an airstairs

and entering Nepal or India by Air is far fucking better than going by land

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    like I said, for me it is PTSD over it's prior awfulness, that's triggered by how they spent billions on fixing it up and still missed on some obvious things. But you are right, it is no longer the shithole it used to be.
    HA, PTSD is a bitch. I get it! And the lack of plugs these days is really a bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    There are moving walkways at DEN... it it really that bad?
    I’ve had worse, but dragging two kids across the B gates at dinner time after being delayed on our flight into DIA and then having to hurry to our next gate, regardless of a moving walkway adding 1.5mph to our travel speed, is not my idea of fun. It just is what it is with Denver as our hub

HA, PTSD is a bitch. I get it! And the lack of plugs these days is really a bad call.
    I am forever scarred by Newark. I avoid it like the plague. And they've drastically reduced the daily connections to BTV so it's now almost certain that you get stuck there overnight on your return leg. It would be quicker to drive home from there.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I’ve had worse, but dragging two kids across the B gates at dinner time after being delayed on our flight into DIA and then having to hurry to our next gate, regardless of a moving walkway adding 1.5mph to our travel speed, is not my idea of fun. It just is what it is with Denver as our hub
    True, those things go barely over normal walking speed. Add in the clueless gapers blocking the left side and it's almost faster to walk next to them.

Seriously though, I'm past being nice on the moving walkways. It's gone from "excuse me please" to "please stand to the right" to "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY"

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Hardly an expert or frequent flyer but I’d guess Logan is your best bet these days considering the number of Alaska Air flights from SeaTac. Off the top of my head I don’t think I’ve flown another airline to WA/OR since they set up shop here.
    Logan, then jump in the car if you want to avoid connections. Providence also works and will be lower traffic, but you're definitely connecting.

True, those things go barely over normal walking speed.
    But if you're a fast walker, it pretty much *doubles* your speed. Which is nice, unless it's completely buggered by slow fucks as you alluded to.

Puerto Vallarta, departures. Hands down the busiest most cramped terminal I've ever experienced. its completely undersized. very limited jet ways so your stuck in hot buses and steamy tarmacs. all gates completely slammed, line ups blocking foot traffic to other gates. no where to sit. all gates all slammed. restaurants overrun. security lines jammed. lounges seemed to be all private access no matter what your status, pay per use. I think all flights arrive mid morning and depart mid afternoon so all travelers for the day arrive at the same time. Escalators broken. Epic packed walks to gates.

I've been to like 35 countries most of those 3rd world shit holes and PV departures was the most savage travel experience, ever. It must have been designed as a tiny regional airport that was never upgraded to international volume. It needs to be leveled and re built.

True, those things go barely over normal walking speed.
    That's so the people using them don't take off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    *golf clap*

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    *golf clap*
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Puerto Vallarta
    But they have the best burritos at Tacon de Marlin on the other side of the pedestrian bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    But they have the best burritos at Tacon de Marlin on the other side of the pedestrian bridge.
    My Uber told me to go there after I checked my bag. I shoulda listened! I thought Id have lounge access so I went through security instead. Massive error. I was trapped in the terminal hellscape for hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Goddammit. Now I'm hungry for a burrito.

I never had any trouble in PVR when I was working and living there. My port of entry at DEN was a pain in the ass coming back into the states. I never got burritos at that place, I preferred a little hole in the wall in Bucerias that had the best Birria. Man I would stop there every Sunday after shopping at the Mega and it was heavenly.

I never had any trouble in PVR when I was working and living there. My port of entry at DEN was a pain in the ass coming back into the states. I never got burritos at that place, I preferred a little hole in the wall in Bucerias that had the best Birria. Man I would stop there every Sunday after shopping at the Mega and it was heavenly.
    And now birria...