Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1200
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

That tackle looked like it hurt, but the way he hauled her up with her hands cuffed behind her back look like it hurt even more.

Airport cops all seem to be working with an extremely short fuse. I can't imagine why.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Airport cops all seem to be working with an extremely short fuse. I can't imagine why.
    Yeah it must be exhausting conducting performative security window dressing day in and day out.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah it must be exhausting conducting performative security window dressing day in and day out.
    TSA staffs the security check and luggage screening, the police have to deal with all other shit and I'd imagine it gets old quick.

I need a translator for the IG.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

At least once a week someone uploads cell phone video from ATL to that instagram community news page I posted one page back of some clown acting like they’re more important than anyone else in the world’s busiest airport and generally pushing the loud, obnoxious, rude, dangerous, and or illegal envelope as far as they can until the cops show up.

The amount of restraint they show is incredible, right up till the offending jackass or jillass takes it that step too far.

The videos are almost always from a Spirit flight.

I’m guessing a whole lot more happened in that video above before that chick thought it was a good idea to run from cops on an active taxiway.
    I still call it The Jake.

Worst & Best Airports

That had to be a Florida woman connecting through Atlanta, right?

The best airport cop I ever saw--Miami airport, older guy with a thick NY accent is haranguing an airport cop about something or other. The cop's reply--"No habla ingles."

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    That had to be a Florida woman connecting through Atlanta, right?
    A match made in heaven. Florida woman and Spirit Airlines new gate-less boarding process.

Good friend is a cop at my local airport. We bike together and the miles just fly by when he starts in with the stories. People suck and his job blows pretty consistently. How can you be a cop and not completely give up on humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    A match made in heaven. Florida woman and Spirit Airlines new gate-less boarding process.
    That's going to end well.

The SAT United terminal has all the charm of a skid row Greyhound station.

Yo mister Striker, any knowledge if the Max 8 is any more or less stable than its Airbus competition or older Boeing jets?

I've flown on them the last few flights and each one seemed to experience way more turbulence than other jets in my recent memory, and each one seemed most choppy on the landing approach.

It's probably pure coincidence but it happened enough consistently that I thought it would be worth an ask.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    The SAT United terminal has all the charm of a skid row Greyhound station.
    Well, Greyhound is selling their terminals. The airport is the new bus station.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Well, Greyhound is selling their terminals. The airport is the new bus station.
    The Greyhound station in downtown San Antonio looked like it was doing bang up business.

Looking at all the people laying on the floor here, the resemblance is uncanny. I wonder if the airport authority has considered adding a plasma center?

Yo mister Striker, any knowledge if the Max 8 is any more or less stable than its Airbus competition or older Boeing jets?

I've flown on them the last few flights and each one seemed to experience way more turbulence than other jets in my recent memory, and each one seemed most choppy on the landing approach.

It's probably pure coincidence but it happened enough consistently that I thought it would be worth an ask.
    No issues on my recent flights. Landing was pretty smooth in San Diego today.

Here ya go Danno. There's only 3 sentences about getting to and from the airport. But if do get there, it's supposedly awesome! This might as well be ad copy: America’s most loathed airport is cool now: https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...l-renovations/

No train service, but it's pretty now!

You can't get to or from it but it's pretty now!

Paywall
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I must have had a free article.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Here ya go Danno. There's only 3 sentences about getting to and from the airport. But if do get there, it's supposedly awesome! This might as well be ad copy: America’s most loathed airport is cool now: https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...l-renovations/
    Try this: https://apple.news/AKULzRL4jRgGuw2Rm...WithImageEntry

Late to this, doing IRL stuff. The three design factors are wing sweep, dihedral, and load. The first two are identical between the 737-8 and A32x family, and in the case of the A320, the third is close enough to call it a wash. So it probably comes down to the weather + geography, and "pilot induced turbulence" (yes we really say that).

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    "pilot induced turbulence" (yes we really say that).
    Apparently also known as ‘Trumping’
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident