Check Out Our Shop
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1195
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Don’t worry Lakers, you guys are the in season tourney champs and no one can take that banner away from you!

Rumor has it they might waste a second round draft pick on Bronny. That would be truly hilarious - he’s a below average college player.
    Bron opts out of his contract, Cavs sign Bronny as an undrafted free agent, Bron comes off the bench to help Donovan, Darius and Jaret Allen win a ship.

You heard it here first.
    I still call it The Jake.

Rumor has it they might waste a second round draft pick on Bronny. That would be truly hilarious - he’s a below average college player.
    I'm in for anything that fuels a dumpster fire in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I'm in for anything that fuels a dumpster fire in LA.
    Same but I actually kind of feel bad for the kid. It’s a little embarrassing. Sports is the one field where nepotism doesn’t mean shit- either you can play or you can’t.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Same but I actually kind of feel bad for the kid. It’s a little embarrassing. Sports is the one field where nepotism doesn’t mean shit- either you can play or you can’t.
    Fully agree!

Rodman had Haley, Giannis has Thanasis, LeBron gets Bronny.

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

Bronny is scoring like 4 points per game in college and not even starting. If his last name wasn’t James he wouldn’t even be considered in the top 1000 players in the draft. This is gonna be absurd if it happens.

On the Rodman note, his daughter is a top tier soccer player and on the US National team. Good genes.

I’m no fan of nepotism, but if wasting a 2nd round draft pick on a player’s son guarantees a top 20 NBA talent will come play on my team then that’s a no brainer. Especially if that player is one of the greatest players in the history of the game like LeBron, even if the move doesn’t result in a chip you’re still selling merch and tickets with lebron on the roster…. 2nd round draft picks rarely pan out so what’s the damage using it to get Bronny if it means you also get LeBron?

I don’t understand the argument that you’d prefer Gui Santos or Jason Preston and no LeBron over Bronny and LeBron on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Bron opts out of his contract, Cavs sign Bronny as an undrafted free agent, Bron comes off the bench to help Donovan, Darius and Jaret Allen win a ship.

You heard it here first.
    You are the same guy who is predicting Brady to the Browns. I'm getting worried about you. I'm one Ronaldo to Atlanta FC prediction away from instituting a wellness check.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I’m no fan of nepotism, but if wasting a 2nd round draft pick on a player’s son guarantees a top 20 NBA talent will come play on my team then that’s a no brainer. Especially if that player is one of the greatest players in the history of the game like LeBron, even if the move doesn’t result in a chip you’re still selling merch and tickets with lebron on the roster…. 2nd round draft picks rarely pan out so what’s the damage using it to get Bronny if it means you also get LeBron?

I don’t understand the argument that you’d prefer Gui Santos or Jason Preston and no LeBron over Bronny and LeBron on your team.
    Oh I get that logic and it’s why I feel bad for his kid. He’ll walk into a pro locker room with a target on his back and get absolutely schooled. It’s going to be sad. LeBron needs to put his ego aside and squash that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    You are the same guy who is predicting Brady to the Browns. I'm getting worried about you. I'm one Ronaldo to Atlanta FC prediction away from instituting a wellness check.
    Ha! The Brady out of retirement (for the right team in position to make a run) is wishful thinking, wanting to get away from Watson asap. Bron back to the Land is an actual radio topic today.

But to your point, if I can recklessly speculate a Ronaldo to ATL UTD then I’m gonna toss that out there to the universe to see if we can manifest that. Can’t be any worse than playing in front of 150 Saudi dudes every match.

I fucking love all the Lakers/Lebron hand wringing that happens this time of year. What will he do? What will they do? After another playoff failure?!?!?! OMGWTFBBQ!!!

But... don't the Sixers have max money space? Could Lebron join Embiid and Maxey? That could be fun.
    Last edited by Danno; 04-30-2024 at 08:52 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Tell that to the Bucks
    Live Free or Die

Embiid is having a tough close out game. 6-18 with 9 turnovers. Still somehow Philly is close enough to get it done with 2 min left.

Edit: Maxey, in the other hand, came to fucking play. OT

When you’re up by three you fucking foul the other team and make them shoot TWO free throws. God damn how do NBA coaches like Thibs not know this by now????

Would have been fun to watch this nail biter of a Game 5 W (without the best player on the Cavs right now in Jarrett Allen) but as with Games 1-4 the League buried it on something called the NBA channel that’s not carried on any service that I can tell.

Maybe they’ll be on the PAC-12 Network for Game 6?

I was waiting for my daughter and watching the Knicks game on my phone. Last thing I saw was the Knicks go up by 6 with 28 seconds to go, when my daughter showed up. Thought it was over.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Embiid brutal tonight, hurt and tired , but still, he's never been "that guy" in closeout games. Luckily for the Sixers, Maxey is that killer now they have needed for so long (well, since Butler left). He would have won Game 2 with a long 3 also if not for that insane sequence at the end that cost them the game .

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Duffman;7075539]Embiid brutal tonight, hurt and tired , but still, he's never been "that guy" in closeout games. Luckily for the Sixers, Maxey is that killer now they have needed for so long (well, since Butler left). He would have won Game 2 with a long 3 also if not for that insane sequence at the end that cost them the game .

For a guy playing on 1 leg and 1/2 a face he was still pretty good. Triple double with 16 rebounds and 5 stocks +14 is way better than the Traditional Brutal Embiid Playoff Game. Hopefully he can clean up the TO for the next one and Maxey leads us to game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Would have been fun to watch this nail biter of a Game 5 W (without the best player on the Cavs right now in Jarrett Allen) but as with Games 1-4 the League buried it on something called the NBA channel that’s not carried on any service that I can tell.

Maybe they’ll be on the PAC-12 Network for Game 6?
    Looks like it was on Fubo. I pay $80/month for Fubo, then add whatever sports package is in season and adjust it through the year. The nba package was an extra $15/month and you get every game. Except for these weird TNT games that are on HBO.

That Knicks game last night was fantastic entertainment. Great game to watch. Embid is a dirty bastard though. Really hoping the Celts can close it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Looks like it was on Fubo. I pay $80/month for Fubo, then add whatever sports package is in season and adjust it through the year. The nba package was an extra $15/month and you get every game. Except for these weird TNT games that are on HBO.

That Knicks game last night was fantastic entertainment. Great game to watch. Embid is a dirty bastard though. Really hoping the Celts can close it out tonight.
    Thanks for the heads up. I've about had it with Hulu. Used to be $50/mo with everything including the local Fox/Bally Sports (MLB) now it's like $90 and they keep adding more music channels like its 1995 Time Warner Cable and less actual television channels.

My old Comcast lineup had the NBA channel. My YouTube TV lineup also has it. I don't pay for the extra NBA packages because YouTube also has the NBA sports Boston channel as I am in market. So i seem to be able to watch every Boston game I want. What's cool about round 1 is I can watch it on the Boston channel and get the local guys commentary. At some point in the playoffs they won't be able to carry it anymore, my guess is licensing because they don't have a contract for those games.

YouTube TV has been pretty great- been a subscriber for over a year now. And yeah you can very often get both feeds (local vs national) for a lot of sports.

I'm trying to balance the cost though because there are cheaper alternatives to get what my wife wants to watch. And I only watch NBA and some college ball. Do I switch back and forth between YouTV and Sling Blue every June and October? I don't even watch a lot of games. But when I want to watch one, I want to be able to. ~$40 extra a month. I'm "in market" so any nationally televised home game is blacked out on the other networks. And if there's a cheaper option for the Boston channel, I haven't found it. Comcast sucks. Dish streaming has it but YouTV is easier and roughly the same cost. Also, I think Dish requires a special device rental. FTN. There's a whole other thread for this.

This Knicks / Philly game right now is a good watch…

This Knicks / Philly game right now is a good watch…
    That was fun to watch. Brunson legit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums