Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Scored a good one this morning: I rolled into Highlands around 9:30 after two weeks off skis and managed to walk up to the Bowl as they dropped the gate with no one else in sight. It was gusting to like 40mph and whiteout for most of the first half. I postholed from the gate up to Grampsters, sometimes thigh deep, but then it was pretty firm and hikeable up to the top. Dropped into Full Curl, then down the gut of Ozone and over to G3. Very fun, very soft turns and face shots. I've probably put in over 500 Bowl laps at this point and that was one of the harder efforts, but worth it.

++++
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hey Maggots. I just got into town. Here for nationals. Anyone want to show me around?
    CAT

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I’ll be out at Snowmass early for some hot laps. Then taking the wife to Aspen

PM me.

THE Aspen/Snowmass / Greater Roaring Fork Valley 23-24 Thread

The Bowl just opened at 10:20. Solid 3-4”+ refresh up in DT and above. Had to bail to go meet the fam at Ajax but the bowl should be good (and cold) all day today. Lots of variable wind effect throughout most of DT though

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Aspen was straight up dead. Fresh tracks with a bit of funk underneath but still skied well at 3 pm

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

^^ Amazing conditions at Highlands and Ajax over past few days. Hard to remember any powder days where you wait in zero lift lines the entire day.

Not to derail the ski stoke, but I’m selling my truck camper. Would like to sell to a local and don’t use facebook.

Four Wheel Camper, Hawk, fits a 6 foot bed perfectly. Does just fine on my Tundra. Pm for more pics and info. $5,000

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k you cat View Post
    Hey Maggots. I just got into town. Here for nationals. Anyone want to show me around?
    CAT

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Had a nice spring day ripping with the CAT!

It was fun skiing with a Mag.

Anyone want to get in some runs and connect some faces, before the mud season, post up.

I’ll be on Ajax tomorrow and Sunday,
    Snowmass Saturday.

Ajax open till 6 tomorrow!
    Not that I’ll be out that late, 6 pm rez at Kenichi.

Dont think I can get out today, but hopefully some laps this weekend. This afternoon/evening will be a full full slush fest!

Anyone have a shop in the valley that doesn't rip you off for installing tires purchased online? I bought some TireRack tires and it seems that most the usual shops have jacked up their install rates for non-instore tires

Call someone like blue creek mechanics
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

On another note, will try to come up and ski on Sunday, we are headed over to watch my niece compete in Breck on Saturday.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Dont think I can get out today, but hopefully some laps this weekend. This afternoon/evening will be a full full slush fest!

Anyone have a shop in the valley that doesn't rip you off for installing tires purchased online? I bought some TireRack tires and it seems that most the usual shops have jacked up their install rates for non-instore tires
    When I bought tires from Tire Rack they had a list of installers... maybe check the website? Perhaps you've already done this...

ETA: If there's a Discount Tire near you, I believe they are the "same" company. https://www.discounttire.com/custome...ck-always-full

That because there business model on tires is markup from wholesale plus install charge.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

THE Aspen/Snowmass / Greater Roaring Fork Valley 23-24 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    When I bought tires from Tire Rack they had a list of installers... maybe check the website? Perhaps you've already done this...

ETA: If there's a Discount Tire near you, I believe they are the "same" company. https://www.discounttire.com/custome...ck-always-full
    Nearest installer is always in Eagle/Avon and quotes $200 to install.

I’ve bought like 10 sets from Tire rack over the years. Used to pay under $100 installed at shops that are now quoting $150+

Good call on Discount. I just gave them $3500 of business from work, so I emailed the manager to ask what they would charge for a Tire rack install

Aspen Tire under Aspen Velo charged me around $100 when I had a set installed in August.

Speaking of things that have gotten expensive - Dirt Service Center now charges $75/brake for a brake bleed. Zenbikeworks charges $30, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Aspen Tire under Aspen Velo charged me around $100 when I had a set installed in August.
    I've always wondered how long that and the adjacent buildings will last. Some of the last vestiges of 'old' Aspen.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Nearest installer is always in Eagle/Avon and quotes $200 to install.

I’ve bought like 10 sets from Tire rack over the years. Used to pay under $100 installed at shops that are now quoting $150+

Good call on Discount. I just gave them $3500 of business from work, so I emailed the manager to ask what they would charge for a Tire rack install
    +1 for Discount Tire. I just schlep my ass down to West Glentucky when I need tires and buy them there. Prices seem pretty good.

Snowmass Conaco is just so easy.
    Just like the Skiing.

Skiings been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Snowmass Conaco is just so easy.
    Just like the Skiing.

Skiings been outstanding.
    Jeff and Jeff at snowmass Conoco will do it for $130-140.

We bring our fleet of trucks to Roaring Fork Tire in Carbondale with good success as well. Romeo is a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Jeff and Jeff at snowmass Conoco will do it for $130-140.

We bring our fleet of trucks to Roaring Fork Tire in Carbondale with good success as well. Romeo is a good dude.
    I'm gonna take my wife's car there, is it walk in or do you have to make an appointment?

First come, first served. I usually go first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    First come, first served. I usually go first thing in the morning.
    I ended up going with Aspen Total Automotive for $100+ tax. Aspen Tire and Detail said $120

Art’s party at the Mountain Chalet was a who’s, who of Aspen Mountain
    Skiing.
    Skiings been good, even if it’s been gray bird. Not sure 1A will make it too Close.
    Big party today at Buckhorn Cabin.

Pretty dismal looking at 6:30, but I think the skiing will be good. We haven’t been getting a hard freeze at night, so some of the lower slopes are soft at the get go.
    Yesterday the dumps/Hero’s were soft at 10 and the Face was amazingly soft and flat at 11:30.

Après-ski party at the XO House.

I’m now officially Gramp’s.