Skiing in Austria end of this month

Will be in Hungary and trying to get a few days in--anything still worthwhile that's less than eight-ish hours from Budapest? Nothing near Vienna still happening and websites of the larger AUT places farther west are...confusing. Anyone know what's up--where to go, if there's anyplace that makes sense (east of SUI)?
    [quote][//quote]

Yeah, was looking at all four of those before...best bet, you think? I know they're glaciers with summer/fall options, but do any of them shut down at certain times? Looks like Moelltaler is least time from Budapest...any particular reason to go to one of the others?

edit: I guess Moelltaler is open through June 16...
    [quote][//quote]

skied Hintertux end of Feb. best snow of our trip, not saying much. Stayed in Mayerhofen, nothing special about this. Just looked at web cam for Hintertux. Looks better than I thought it would. I would just look at the web cams and decide which place you think looks better.
    off your knees Louie

I skied Hintertux a fuckton when I lived in Germany. Steepest lift-served glacier skiing in Austria. Lots of the national teams train there in the summer. Skied there on July 4th one year. Skied powder there first week of May right after I got home from Desert Storm. That would be my rec but the last time I skied there was in 1991. Stay up on the hill. Mayrhofen is nothing special. You could stay in Innsbruck but you'd be looking at a 45-minute drive.

PM Tom.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Kitzsteinhorn looks like it will stay open until beginning of June. That might be closest? Been 20 years since I was there so I can't comment on how good the skiing is there. Should get some of the snow forcast this weekend as well. St Anton is also partially open,but I think only on the weekends? That's squit a drive tho. Maybe not for 'muricans?
    Skiing should be OK with the topup we've had / will be getting this weekend.

Kitzsteinhorn is the best bet with the Northern dump right now. Mölltaler won't get as much over the Main alpine ridge.
    Arlberg closes this weekend.

And kitz is easily accessible from south east ( hungary) and Tauern Tunnel.
    Terrain is fun and easily accessible even for American inbounds connaisseurs
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.